|500 BC||First construction at Stonea Camp. |
|1651||Sixteen Foot River constructed. |
|1776||Earliest records for the Surveyor’s Arms (now called The Dun Cow).|
|1785||The Old Post Office (Syringa House) was built (although it may have been built earlier in 1740).|
|1830||Christchurch Farm was built.|
Provisional date for the Old Toll House construction (although it is likely to be before this date)
|1833||First United Methodist congregation.|
|1836||The Rose and Crown Public House opened.|
|1837||First recorded instance of The Dun Cow‘s name.|
|1861||According to the 1861 Census, there were blacksmiths, wheelwrights, a grocer, a draper and cordwainers. |
Webb’s Mill in Poulter’s Drove is the earliest record currently known.
|1862||Christ Church becomes its own parish.|
|1863||The Parish church (The Church of Christ) is built.|
The Ark is built to house workmen constructing the church.
|1865||Parish church (The Church of Christ) is consecrated.|
The village changed its name from Brimstone Hill to Christ Church.
The Old School was established.
|1872||Methodist Chapel was built.|
|1874||General Store opens as a Co-Op shop.|
|1878||Elgoods Brewery takes ownership of the Dun Cow.|
|1879||All four pubs in the village are listed as open in Kelly’s Directory of the Counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk (Dun Cow, Farmers Boy, Rose and Crown and the Wheatsheaf)|
The Snipe and Duck Public House opens at the bottom of Euximoor Drove.
Kelly’s Directory of 1879 lists two grocers, a tailor, a wheelwright and four blacksmiths. 
|1881||The Rose and Crown closes.|
|1882||Post Office was opened in 1882 in the Grocers (Christchurch Cottage – opposite The Old Post Office).|
|1892||Kelly’s Directory of 1892 lists two grocers and drapers, a tailor, a boot maker, a carpenter and a blacksmith. |
Webb’s Mill in Poulter’s Drove is presumed still operating.
|1900||The village’s name is contracted to Christchurch. |
The Institute/Memorial Hall was built around the turn of the century. 
|1903||The Old Police House was built.|
|1910||Syringa House becomes the village Post Office.|
Last known entry for the Snipe and Duck Public House.
|1911||The first block of Council Houses started on Jackson’s Road (now Upwell Road) and Wayside Estate junction.|
|1912||There was drought affecting the village. |
Water was piped to the village in 1912 and to locals it was known as Marham water because it came from a spring in a small Norfolk village called Marham. 
|1916||A gale tore off one of the Key’s Mill sails and blows it across the Sixteen Foot River.|
|1920||A War memorial was added to the churchyard.|
|1922||Kelly’s Directory of Cambridgeshire still lists one grocer, a draper, three carpenters and one blacksmith. |
|1925||Christchurch Tower Mill is known to be derelict.|
|1930||Singles vs Married cricket match takes place.|
|1932||Townley School opened.|
|The Nine Tailors is written by Dorothy L. Sayers.|
Hot school lunch provision starts at Townley School.
|1938||Euximoor Methodist Chapel opened.|
|1939||The second block of Council Houses along Wayside Estate started.|
|1940||May 31||A two-week special holiday from Townley School so the children could assist in the agricultural effort.|
Christchurch Fire Brigade was featured in a local newspaper.
|1947||Dame School building demolished.|
Council houses on Crown Avenue were constructed.
Key’s Mill was replaced by the Bedlam Bridge pumping station.
|1950||November||Townley School bus begins operation and the electricity supply was first connected.|
The sails for Key’s Mill are removed and it is converted into a house.
|1950s –> 1960s||The Old Post Office was used as the Doctor’s surgery for the village.|
|1952||Webb’s Mill in Poulter’s Drove was demolished.|
|1955||Townley School changes to cater for infants and juniors only.|
|1957||The Wheatsheaf Public House closes.|
|1958||Key’s Mill site becomes derelict.|
|1963||The Grocers Shop at Christchurch Cottage closes.|
|1969||February||Memorial Hall and Social Centre re-opens after refurbishment and renovation.|
|1972||The only shops are one General Store, Blacksmiths and Garage, and a Cycle Shop. |
|1984-87||Rolfe Bros garage sold.|
|1997||October 15||Post Office closed.|
|1998||October 19||Post Office reopened in the General Store.|
|1999||The Farmers Boy Public House closes.|
|2008||December 15||Post Office closed after an armed robbery.|
|2009||January||Mobile Post Office service starts.|
|2022||October||The church closed needing repair.|
- It is noted that Stonea Camp does not lie within the boundaries of Christchurch. However, such an important historical monument so close to the village is at least worth considering. In addition as one of the few islands in the vicinity, it is possible that there is some connection, even if only transitory.
- Other archaeological sites can be found here: https://historyofchristchurch.uk/archeological-sites/
- The Cambridgeshire Village Book
- Study of a Fenland Village