The first United Methodist chapel was established in 1833, but with the more familiar chapel was built later in 1872. 
The Tips End chapel and the Methodist chapel at Christchurch were built by the same architect and builder (J. Kerridge and E. Everson), and are respectively of ‘Gothic’ and Classic design. 
The congregation of the Methodist Chapel at Christchurch (Plate 4) dates from 1833, but the present chapel was built in 1872 as a United Methodist Free Church. The foundation stones are dated July 25th 1872. What happened in this year is that the building then existing was enlarged. This meant, in effect, that practically a new church was built. At the first meeting of the Chapel Enlargement Committee, 2nd April 1872, it was decided that the front wall nearest the road must be moved out to the distance of ten feet, the school room and cross walls also; all walls were to be made two feet higher and the new walls were all to be of nine inch brickwork, and a new wooden roof, instead of the plastered one be constructed. The point about raising the walls two feet was revoked a week later because the trustees would not allow it. Mr. James Kerridge was the architect and Mr. Edgar Everson the builder. 
The new Chapel, classic in design, was opened on 5th October 1872; the total cost being two hundred and fifty pounds. Single seats in the Chapel were let at nine pence each and whole seats at three shillings and six pence each. This Chapel Enlargement must have been taken very seriously by the Chapel congregation, since a “Book of the Chapel Enlargement Committee Brimstone Hill 1872”, which still exists, was drawn up, containing all the proceedings of the meetings from 2nd April 1872, to 20th March 1892. Every detail is recorded, such as where new seats will be placed or what kind of door they will have, even the preparation of teas and provision of cake is recoried. 
The Methodist Chapel is now a private residence.