History of Christchurch

Recording the history of the village of Christchurch (originally Brimstone Hill) in Cambridgeshire

Dame School

During the middle of the nineteenth century, education was provided for the children of Brimstone Hill by a Dame’s School, which was situated at the top of the present day Crown Avenue. The house was not pulled down until the Council houses were completed in 1947. [1]


  1. https://historyofchristchurch.uk/index/study-of-a-fenland-village/