This building is situated opposite Syringa House and between the Village Sign and what was the Methodist Chapel. It is one of the older buildings in the village and has seen a number of uses including being the first Post Office, more recently a grocer’s shop and is now a private dwelling.
It becomes the first Post Office in the village in 1882 until 1910 when it is moved to Syringa House across the road to the left.
In 1922 only one grocer is listed presumably situated in this building. The grocers closed in 1963.