CHRISTCHURCH TOWER MILL
Christchurch Tower Mill known also as Lavender’s Mill, (Plate 11) was a corn mill, and had two common and two patent sails. Tailpole winding was used and both the curb and skids were made of wood. A trundle wheel was found at Christchurch Tower Mill, over six foot in diameter; this was surprisingly large compared with others. This mill was square in shape; according to Rex Wailes, it was derelict in 1925 and 1950. It has disappeared completely now.